Everest 2013

Everest 2013

Monday, July 28, 2008

One Down. . .7 More to Go!


Back from Moscow and a successful summit of Mt. Elbrus (5642 m)!
Whooooohooo! It feels amazing to have made it to the top of Europe and know that it has made a small impact in the lives of women in Uganda and the Congo. We are still behind our fundraising goal of $282,100, so please visit our website and donate www.climbtakeaction.com, every little bit counts. There are also some really great company sponsorship opportunities for additional product and marketing placement.

The trip in all was just better than anything I could have ever imagined. As if the climb was not enough, I had the honor and privilege of climbing along side some true mountaineering heroes like Nicholi, our 69 year old Russian guide, or Vern Tejas, an 8 time 7 Summiteer; along with meeting Vlado. Watching and learning from them and their experiences was just truly priceless. I am still is some disbelief that the entire team was successful and now we are all back home. . . it is just a "pinch me moment" as I call them. I did get a little emotional at the top, it was just such a beautiful experience and we had all worked so hard to make it up there, our summit push was an 11 hour ordeal, yet we were blessed with beautiful weather. Making it up as an entire team was exceptional!

I just feel truly blessed to have been able to undergo this experience. I saw so many beautiful places that I could never have dreamed of. Being in the mountains is an extraordinary experience that everyone should try (maybe not the highest peak in Europe, but you get my point). What I love best about being in the mountains is that you are able to learn something new about yourself every time. I know I did on this trip and gave me a whole new perspective on life.

I was again blessed with an amazing team of individuals who I will hopefully keep in touch with for future adventures. You meet truly remarkable people in the mountains with great hearts, minds, and spirits. In addition, a few of us were climbing for a cause so to speak. . . myself for the women of Congo and Uganda, Jason, for an orphanage in Nepal and Mohamed for the Fred Hutchinson Foundation. Being able to combine one's passion for the mountains and helping others along the way is truly rewarding experience.

I hope some of you reading this out there will want to feature your next challenge, whatever that may be for the women of the Congo and Uganda, please visit: www.climbtakeaction.com.
My main take away from this trip is to live life to experience the extraordinary, anything is possible if you put your whole heart, mind, and spirit behind what you believe in. Will there be obstacles. . .yes for sure. . . but those that have the ultimate determination and belief in oneself will accomplish great things. Living testimony is Nicholi. . . 69 years old and still the strongest climber out there and a very happy man. We all have the power to do the extraordinary and make an impact in the world. . . the question is how bad do you want it.

So to all of you reading this. . . if there is a big dream in your life you have always wanted to pursue. . . start taking the steps today to make it a reality. You have the power to make it real, just have faith in yourself and never give up when the going gets tough, because it will. Good things in life usually never come easily.

For trip photos visit:



and



I will also be uploading some videos shortly of the climb itself. Also, stay tuned for our full Blog on climbing.com. I will post a link once it is published.

Thanks to everyone for all of your support along the way! More info on our next summit scheduled for December to come!

Cheers!
Georgina
Back in Los Angeles



Georgina Miranda's Facebook profile

No comments: